I created this course called CG Compositing in After Effects. I show you how to take the power of render passes from your favorite 3d app and use them to your advantage. You might have heard of EXRs, Cryptomatte, and Motion Vectors. I explain all of this and show you how you can drive your compositing effects and bring your shots to a professional level.
I use this shot I created of a landing Space Capsule to walk you through how to assemble your scene the correct way. We will add our own dynamic background, re-light the scene, add particle effects in post only using our render passes and tons more.
If you are new to using the power of render passes or AOVs and want to breath new life into your composites inside of After Effects, then this course is for you. After these lessons you will understand how to really push your shots further with less.
Things you will learn:
- Using EXR channels and Cryptomatte
- Proper order of operations/stacking of 3d Render Passes
- Re-Lighting the scene using After Effects lights and Render Passes
- Adding Reflection to the scene using Passes and an Environment Map
- How to use and create custom passes/maps
- What Motion Vectors are and how they work.
- Particle creation using our Renders and Vectors.
- 32- bit workflow
- Much more!
Includes 13 Chapters that was going to be two courses but I decided to combine them into a single one.
Includes all Render Passes as EXRs (Including Cryptomattes), After Effects Files, and Links to Assets.